Jeff Ghouse is a Partner at Ansbach + Ghouse, PLLC where he co-manages the practice. He has over five years of experience in practicing corporate immigration law with a focus on guiding clients from transferring or hiring foreign national employees through obtaining lawful permanent residency. Prior to founding Ansbach + Ghouse, Jeff practiced immigration with one of the top 10 global law firms.
Jeff’s representation includes clients ranging from startup companies to large consulting and domestic and multinational corporations in industries such as oil and gas, banking, insurance, manufacturing, information technology, telecommunications, software, semiconductor, retail, biotechnology, healthcare, and food services.
When away from the office, Jeff enjoys tennis, golf, football, cycling, running, and motorcycles.
- H-1B Professional Nonimmigrant Visas
- L-1 Intracompany Transferee Nonimmigrant Visas
- TN (NAFTA) Professional Nonimmigrant Visas
- E-1 and E-2 Treaty Trader/Investor Nonimmigrant Visas
- P-1A Professional Athlete Visas
- O-1 Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement Visas
- B-1 OCS (Outer Continental Shelf) Certification
- E-3 Australian Professional Nonimmigrant Visas
- H-1B1 Singaporean/Chilean Professional Nonimmigrant Visas
- Labor Certification Applications (including PERM)
- Immigrant Petitions for Extraordinary Ability Aliens (EB-1)
- Immigrant Petitions for Multinational Executives/Managers (EB-1)
- Immigrant Petitions for Members of the Profession Holding an Advanced Degree (EB-2)
- Immigrant Petitions for Aliens of Exceptional Ability (EB-2)
- Immigrant Petitions for Professionals (EB-3)
- Immigrant Petitions for Skilled Workers (EB-3)
- Adjustment of Status to Lawful Permanent Residence
- I-9 Compliance
- Consular Processing
- Speaker, “Roundtable: Anatomy of a Visa Application Case (at the Embassy/Border),” American Immigration Lawyers Association Regional Spring Conference, Dallas, Texas (April 2014).
- Speaker, “L-1Bs– What in the World?” American Immigration Lawyers Association – Dallas Chapter, Dallas, Texas (April 2014).
- Speaker, “Immigration Master Class,” BLR®—Business & Legal Resources, Houston, Texas (October 2012).
2010 – J.D., cum laude, Southern Methodist University School of Law
2007 – M.S., Accounting Information Systems, University of Texas at Dallas
2006 – B.S., cum laude, Finance, University of Texas at Dallas
While in law school, Jeff was the Vice President of the Asian American Law Student Association, Associate Managing Editor for the International Law Review, the Scrivener of the SMU Barristers Association, and a 2010 Sarah T. Hughes Scholar. Jeff was admitted to practice law in Texas in 2010 and in the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas in 2011.
On December 11, 2017, limited nonimmigrant visa (NIV) operations will begin at the U.S. Consulate/Embassy posts in St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg, and Vladivostok. The post in Moscow continues to offer limited services as well. *** Effective August 23, 2017, all...read more
Ansbach + Ghouse, PLLC is extremely proud to announce that in addition to our firm’s accolades this past year, we have been certified as a Minority Business Enterprise, as well as designated as a CMBL/HUB vendor with the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts to...read more
UPDATE: On December 4, 2017, the U.S. Supreme Court allowed the most recent travel restrictions issued under President Trump’s September 2017 Proclamation to take effect while the cases in lower courts continue to be litigated. This means that the travel...read more